We Utilize Fair and Honest Practices
While most bail agencies are usually honest and fair with the public, there may be some who try to take advantage of ignorant consumers. Protect yourself and your family from such unscrupulous elements by following a few bail-bond-related consumer tips and becoming better acquainted with the bail bond process. We can help you with a bail bond warning in El Reno, OK. Connie Holt Bail Bonds LLC provides a FREE consultation on our bail bond services. You can reach us at 405-262-1010.
Be an Informed Bail Bond Consumer
- Always deal with a licensed agent. There’s nothing wrong with asking to see their license and identification before you get into any bail transaction.
- The premium charged for a bail bond is usually 10% of the full bail amount. Any additional charges should be itemized, and you should receive a satisfactory explanation as to why these charges are being included. Make sure the bail agents only charge you legal rates.
- Ask for itemized receipts for all charges and copies of all signed contracts and agreements.
- If you’re accepting financing from the agents, make sure you understand all the terms and conditions of the financing agreement before signing the contract. Ensure that you’re given copies of anything you sign.
- The bail agent you sign the contract with should be available for you even after the bail has been posted. They should be available to walk you through the whole process.
- Indemnity agreement: When a bail bond company is offering you their services without collateral, they’re taking a considerable risk. There is always the possibility that the client may skip out on the bail and not show up in the court on the set date, which would result in the loss of bail funds. The person who agrees to post the bond is called an indemnitor, and they will have to sign a bail bond application, a bail indemnity agreement, and a receipt, to protect the bail bond company.
- Think through: It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to give a perfect stranger an amount ranging anywhere from 5,000.00 to 250,000.00 without their being provided with any collateral.
It is Better to Be Safe Rather than Sorry
If an agent is ready to offer you such a huge amount without collateral, the chances are that they will take your 10% bond money and return your friend or loved one back to jail by the first court date or before that. Always be careful about such situations. We can give you a bail bond warning in El Reno, OK with a quick phone call to 405-262-1010. Your concerns are our priority.